A bit of a boring month here on the saving money front. August and September are more often spending money months not saving money. Here are the few things I did do in August to save a little bit.
1. We were able to stay with friends for two of our long distance competition weekends and the other one we split a hotel and gas with Matt’s jack and jill crosscut partner.
2. I used coupons and sales to purchase most the food for Matt’s surprise 30th birthday party.
3. I redeemed two free coffee coupons from using my Dunkin Donuts gift card. Yes, I had to spend money first but since it was going to be spent anyway, I saved about $6.
4. Abby and I went to the library twice. We got books and movies both times. She is loving Fancy Nancy books and Veggie Tales movies.
5. One of the competitions was on the last day of the fair. One of the food venders just started giving away food, we only had to pay for drinks. We got 2 sausages, 2 hot dogs, and 2 orders of fries as well as two sodas for $3.